Saturday in Ginza...

Leave a Comment

Saturday plans included heading to the famous Miyazaki clock in Shiodome and a stationary store in Ginza.  These are places I wanted to take my students to in June but we ran out of time.  So, after hanging with Taka, skyping with Eric's dad (papa) and my sister and Nathan, we got everything ready and headed out!




In Shiodome, we visited the Anpanman store for Takahiro.  I have a couple Anpanman videos I show my classes and they like him.  I hope Taka does, too.



The Miyazaki clock in honor of Howl's Moving Castle was bigger than I expected.  It moves only 4 times a day and we missed it by 30 minutes.  What a bummer.  But, I was still so happy to have seen it.


This is the beautiful Dentsu building.


And, here is a picture taken next to the Miyazaki clock.  See the bullet train (shinkansen) going by?  Sweet!




Donki, or Don Quijote, is a big, cheap store.  I wanted to visit but we only bought a bottle of water.


GINZA!  The streets of Ginza are closed off to cars on the weekend.  How wonderful!  This street felt so much like Michigan Avenue in Chicago or NYC.  It was really fun.  Our mission was a stationary store called Ito-ya.  It was an amazing store.  Ten floors of stationary, stamps, albums, all things awesome.  We didn't take any pictures, though.  Taka woke up, had a dirty diaper and wasn't very happy.  We didn't get to stay very long.



Back at home, it's bath time!


Taka is so fun during bath time.  He never stops staring at himself in the mirror.  
I think he's thinking, "Man, I am so cute!"



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment